EXAMPLES of PERFORMANCE GOALS
The examples are:
Improving student aid delivery: The Education Department will
determine, within four days, the eligibility of students and families who apply for
student aid electronically, cutting the processing time in half.
- Speeding aid to disaster victims: Through partnerships with Federal, State, local,
and voluntary agencies, the Federal Emergency Management Agency will act on all requests
to meet victims needs for water, food and shelter within 12 hours of a disaster
event, with the intent to coordinate services within 72 hours of a Presidential
declaration of disaster.
- Finding the right agency on the first try: The General Services Administration
will restructure Federal listings in the blue pages of local telephone books, ensuring
that Americans can find the Government service they need the first time they look.
- Reducing time for clearance at U.S. airports: Working with the Agriculture
Department and the Customs Service, the Justice Departments Immigration and
Naturalization Service will clear international passengers at airports in 30 minutes or
less while improving enforcement and regulatory processing.
- Reducing injury and illnesses in the workplace: The Labor Departments
Occupational Safety and Health Administration will cut injury and illness rates by a fifth
in at least 50,000 of the most hazardous workplaces.
- Increasing access to Federal recreation opportunities: The National Park Service
will create, with other Federal natural resource agencies, an integrated Nation-wide
outdoor recreation information system that gives all Americans electronic access to
information about recreation on Federal lands, recreation use permits, and reservations.
- Speeding Social Security information: The Social Security Administration will
provide overnight electronic Social Security number verification for employers. Today,
verification can take up to two weeks.
Back to top